"Good things take time, as they should. We shouldn't expect good things to happen overnight. Actually, getting something easily or too soon can cheapen the outcome." ~ John Wooden, A Game Plan for Life
Recently a reader reached out to me asking my opinion on whether a healing organization was legit. Perhaps you would also like to know more about how to spot a healing scam.
From my decades of experience working as an energy healing practitioner, and authoring two award-winning energy healing books, I personally would be leery of any organization or individual that...
- ...is organized around the healing abilities of a single person who is elevated to guru level or saint-like status. These can be personality cults promoting an idealized image of a healer.
- ...claims miraculous cures that they alone can provide.
- ...creates exclusivity by requiring one to become a financial donor to qualify for "advanced" membership for access to "elite" healing classes.
- ...has attracted a huge social media following through flashy pictures and trite messages with little substance behind it.
- ...causes disempowerment by suggesting someone or something outside of yourself holds the power to heal you.
- ...claims their way is the only true path.
- ...sells objects or spells purported to have magical healing powers that require no action on your part.
- ...incites fear and urgency over what will happen if you don't purchase their product or service.
- Healing is a transformational process, not a destination.
- Healing is the process of shedding the lower self and shifting to your higher self - who you really are.
- Becoming your authentic self can be a lifelong process.
- Healing is governed by natural laws.
- Healing occurs through consistent action over time.
- Healing unfolds in a safe space facilitated by a trusted guide.
- Healing works best when you are an active participant in the process.
- Healing happens from the inside-out when your natural inner healing forces are activated.
- Healing is a function of raising energetic frequency and enhancing energetic flow, which can require releasing belief patterns and self-concepts that disrupt your energy and lower your frequency.
- Healing is a process that often includes exploring your shadow.
- Your healing process is unique to you and may not look like the process of anyone else.
Thank you for supporting this blog by using the Amazon link embedded at the top of this article for ANY purchase. Your support is greatly appreciated!