Monday, January 11, 2016

How Cold Water Can Keep You Well in Winter

     "Cold water is restorative, reenergizing, and helps build resistance to disease." 
 ~ Dian Dincin Buchman, PhD, The Complete Book of Water Healing

 
      I recently had my first (and hopefully only) illness of the winter. I recall a winter many years ago when I was studying naturopathy, I used a hot-cold water technique that I learned in my studies. And that particular winter I was not sick a single day! Now I don't want to imply that it's a bad thing if you get sick. Sometimes we actually need to be sick.  More about that here. Regardless, I decided it was time to start using that technique again, and I would like to share it with you.

  • Get two buckets or containers big enough to put both your feet in.  
  • Put hot water in one and cold water in the other - enough to cover your feet. 
  • Adjust the temperature of each so you can tolerate putting your feet in it. I actually put ice cubes in the cold water bucket because I want to give my immune system a good boost!
  • Place the buckets on the floor in front of a chair, with a towel underneath to catch the drops of water as you move your feet from one bucket to the other.  
  • Put both feet in the hot water a minimum of 20-30 seconds.  
  • Then move your feet into the cold water for the same length of time.  If you want to linger longer in either, that is fine. But the goal is to alternate a minimum of 6 times in cold and 6 times in hot.  At least once a day. *

       How does it work?  Check out this post on water healing.  Hint: its energy!

      I have found that it helps with the headaches I get from doing too much mental work, because it brings my energy out of my head and down into my feet.  I've also experienced:
  • Tingling in my legs
  •  More alert, focused, and invigorated 
  • Less illness!


  
     * This information is for educational purposes only and is not mean to be a substitute for medical care.

      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and programs that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.


     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..