Monday, January 11, 2016

How to Use a Wet Cloth to Heal Inflammation


     "Not only does water have a profound role in supporting life; it may well be the most natural, effective, and affordable therapy available." ~ Dian Dincin Bushman, PhD, The Complete Book of Water Healing

     If you have read this post, you probably already know that I don't use anti-inflammatory medication.  So what are the alternatives for an inflamed tendon? There's therapeutic ultrasound, diet, herbs, energy work,  essential oils, etc. But one alternative that I have tried with success was made famous by Vincent Priessnitz in the 19th century - hydrotherapy. 

    When I began studying naturopathy, I was amazed by the stories of people healed with wet sheet packs.  With nothing but wet bandages, people were healed during epidemic outbreaks and from significant bodily injury before modern Western medicine. These stories seemed too good to be true. But when I tried it myself -- it worked... and its simple.

    Here is my personal technique: *

  • Cut a yard of flannel-type cotton fabric into strips. 
  • Soak one strip in ice water, wring it out, and wrap it around the inflamed area
  • Cover the wet bandage with several layers of dry fabric strips. 
  • When the bottom layer of wet fabric became warm or dried out, I soaked it in ice water again, wrung it out, and repeated the process, covering with dry strips.  
  • I cut enough strips so that I had enough to rotate through the dryer as the covering strips became damp.

    In my own experience, acute tendinitis was relieved repeating this technique several times over a day or two. For chronic tendinitis I had to continue for longer.

    How It Works

     Hydrotherapy, also known as the "water cure," is the use of water for pain relief and treatment. Cold water creates a healing action.  More about that HERE.

  • The water in the bandages restores energy flow
  • Restored energy flow increases oxygenation and blood circulation 
  • Enhances oxygenation and blood circulation reduces inflammation and enhancing healing.
     Sometimes simple is all that's needed.




       * This information is for educational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for medical care. 

    For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and programs that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..