Wednesday, January 13, 2016

How to Feel More Connected to Others

     "If starlings have shown up in your life....They can teach you how to be more effective within groups. For large numbers to live at peace in a community, there must be an ability to communicate...more clearly..."            ~ Ted Andrews,  Animal Speak: The Spiritual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great & Small



     Many years ago a baby starling fell from his nest on Mother's Day.  I couldn't even tell what kind of bird this helpless, featherless baby was.  A wildlife rehabilitator gave me instructions in how and what to feed him. And he grew quickly! As his feathers came in and his yellow beak became brighter, I realized he was a starling, like this baby bird:



     As the starling matured, the wildlife rehabilitator instructed me in how to help him transition back to the woods. I moved him out of the house and into a cage on our deck near the woods. And then I started to leave the cage door open. The bird began to spend more and more time out of the cage roosting in the trees at the edge of the woods, returning to the cage less and less. 

     Each morning I would slide open the back door and call to him, and he would answer me and come for food. Or come pecking at the glass door when he was hungry. Sometimes he would just answer me without coming for food, and we would communicate back and forth with me matching his bird sounds. 

     This is a picture of him in his bird cage on our deck.


     And then one morning he was gone.

     I called out to him for days, but he did not answer. As his surrogate mother, I assumed the worst and worried that he had fallen prey to some predator.

    A year later, weeks before we were scheduled to move, a starling showed up at my back door and began pecking at the glass. When I opened the door, he studied me for a moment, and then flew away. I have no doubt this was "my" starling reconnecting before my move. He brought me reassurance by communicating the message that he was alive and well. 

Energetic Connection

     I believe the baby starling fell into my life all those years ago to teach me about connection through communication. The medicine of starling spirit teaches us how to effectively connect to others through energy and words. 

     Starlings form huge flocks, moving fluidly through the sky and creating spectacular formations. The birds are able to fly in perfect synchrony with each other because they are in constant communication through a principle of physics called wave resonance. 

     Humans are also in sync with each other and all of life through the collective consciousness, our oneness with the universal energy field. This field is thought to contain the collective psyche, intelligence, and wisdom of humanity.

     Even when we feel isolated and disconnected, we are all connected and can experience subtle communication with each other through the medium of the universal energy field.  Here are ways to feel that connection:
  • Close your eyes and shift into a meditative state by emptying your mind and focusing on your breathing for a few minutes. 
  • Imagine that you are breathing in and of your heart, receiving energy with your inhale and releasing energy with your exhale
  • Now picture others you want to feel more connected to and send them unconditional love.
Connecting Communication


      You can feel more connected to others through verbal communication from the heart:
  • Reflect back what others says to you without the overlay of your own opinion, without placing blame, and without conditions.
  • Own your own feelings with "I" statements  -- Instead of "You make me sad" (blaming- creates defensiveness), try "I feel sad" (claiming - creates connection)
  • Provide clarity by stating what would help the situation without opinion, blame or conditions. 
    Our words carry the energy of our intentions. If your intention in connecting to others is in the highest good of all, that is the energy that you transmit.



       For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and programs that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

   Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon links embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 
   

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..