Tuesday, July 5, 2016

How to be in Your Higher Self

  "...make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy." ~ prayer of Saint Francis, The Lessons of Saint Francis: How to Bring Simplicity and Spirituality into Your Daily Life by John Michael Talbot and Steve Rabey

     I recently took a vacation during which I observed a series of interesting and interconnected experiences that I'd like to share with you.

     Each morning when I walked past a garden area to the pool, I noticed a small lizard perched atop the head of a St. Francis statue. At first I thought this an odd coincidence that a lizard would be in the same position each day. But then I realized that it must be a valuable spot for a lizard to sit, because it was the highest point in the garden. From the vantage point of the top of the statue, the lizard could observe its full environment. What a wonderful example of how to be in your higher self!  



What is the Higher Self?

     The higher self is your spirit.  It is heart-centered and lives in the present moment. When you are loving, accepting and compassionate, you are living as your higher self.  The higher-self state is accessed through heart-centered emotions, of feeling, not by thinking. The lower self  tries to "figure out" or "think up" solutions to issues. The higher self receives insights and spontaneous solutions by being heart-centered.  The higher self is associated with great health, the lower self with compromised health.

    The first step to shifting to your higher self is to observe. Like the lizard on the top of the St Francis statue, observe your situation from a higher vantage point. Instead of getting mired in negative thoughts, beliefs and emotions, observe them. From the higher self position of observation, you gain access to your intuition and insights.

Insights From the Higher Self

     As our vacation continued, we took a day trip to an art museum. I was surprised to see a St. Francis statue in the gift shop. It seemed somewhat out of place amongst the art pieces and books for sale.  It was an interesting coincidence that caught my attention. 

     The following day when we visited the grounds of a shrine, I rounded a corner and there was yet another St. Francis statue! Now I was really taking notice. Beside this statue was a plaque of the St. Francis prayer for peace. I got it. The sighting of three St Francis statues was a message about peace.



    I wasn't even thinking about the message when the next day we visited a huge oak tree nicknamed "Treaty Oak." As I sat under the tree meditating, I heard the word "peace" in my mind. And yes, the word treaty means an agreement, usually for peaceful resolution!



    As we flew home from our vacation, I observed my thoughts about all these messages of peace and wondered what was the specific application to my life.  Within days, it would become clear.

     When one of our family members had a crisis shortly after we returned home, I immediately drew from the peaceful energy that I had just experienced and said the St Francis prayer for peace. Within hours the crisis resolved peacefully. 

     I was able to stay in my higher self through this crisis by observing what was happening, rather than being in the crisis.

     If you would like to know more about what it means to be in your higher self, click HERE.

      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and energy healing online courses that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.     

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..