Sunday, January 10, 2016

How to Heal Fear

           "That's the thing about fear. Death will kill you once, but fear kills you over and over and over, if you let it."  ~ Marcus Allen, Astrology for the New Age

     When I was a teenager, a stray dog showed up at our property and appointed himself our watchdog. He patrolled the wrought iron fence and barked at anyone who walked by. He had decided he was our dog, and we agreed, naming him Red after his golden-red coat of fur. His breed? We could only guess – Golden Retriever? A bit of Collie?   

         
     Red was friendly and sociable, but he would yelp in panic and dive under furniture at the sound of a car backfiring or a gun firing on TV.  He had arrived at our house with a streak of singed fur along his temple and we made up a backstory that he had been grazed by a bullet that passed near his head. Since he already knew how to sit, stay, roll over and shake paws, we concluded his previous owners had taught him tricks. But when we tried to brush him, he cowered and winced at the sight of the brush, as if he had been abused.
                
     In my active imagination, I pictured Red escaping from his abusers in a dramatic scene that included gunfire. I envisioned him wandering in a daze for many miles, until he came upon our house and decided we needed him. Whatever the real story, I was grateful for the angel dog that had come out of nowhere at a time when I desperately needed protection and unconditional love.

     Red died over 30 years ago, not long after I left home and got married. The way he died is too awful to recount here, but let it suffice to say that it was fear that killed him. It was his fear of loud noises that caused him to panic and try to escape his enclosure – inadvertently ending his life in the process.

    Fear may not kill us as swiftly as it did Red. But fear can kill us slowly. It robs us of happiness and joy. It destroys our courage and blocks our growth. It eats away at our health. But fear is not something we can escape. Rather, fear can be transformed.  How?  Through compassion, unconditional love, and self-acceptance.  

     Here is an affirmation to help you heal fear:

     Even though I am in fear, I love, accept and forgive myself completely and deeply.  Every part of me is acceptable and worthy of love, even the part of me that is in fear.

     RIP my dear friend Red.   

   


      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and programs that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..