Monday, June 13, 2016

How to Heal Fear of the Unknown

   "The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek." ~ Joseph Campbell, Thou Art That

  My youngest son is graduating from high school today. My husband and I have had a child in school continuously for 26 years (28 if you count preschool). It is truly the end of an era, and the end of a way of life ruled by a school schedule and calendar. After hundreds of back to school nights, teacher conferences and endless practices and games in eight different sports -- it is hard to believe that it is all over.

     It is a graduation of sorts for me as well. And like any new graduate, the future is unknown and seems quite uncertain. With the family home now far too big, where will we live? How will my career evolve? How will my relationships change? What comes next? It's exhilarating and...scary.

Fear of the unknown

     Fear of the unknown is one of the most common fears. When you have been traumatized in the past, it can be difficult to trust in the future.

     In the film The Truman Show, in order to keep Truman from venturing beyond the boundaries of the town where his life was secretly being filmed, the producers created a fear of the unknown in Truman. This was accomplished by traumatizing young Truman through the staged, fake death of his father at sea. And it proved to be very effective until Truman became an adult and grew suspicious of the illusion.

Worrying about the future does not keep you safe

     The producers attempted to control adult Truman by manufacturing over-the-top disasters and crisis situations. This is exactly what we do to ourselves. We think that manufacturing disaster and crisis in our minds by imagining the worst possible scenarios of the future will keep us safe. But we can't keep our spirit from the truth any more than the producers could keep Truman from discovering the truth.

     The truth is FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real! The things you fear about the future are as big an illusion as those staged on The Truman Show. 

    Here is a healing affirmation to help you "graduate" from the fears that are holding you back from your amazing future:

    Even though I am afraid of the future because I have been traumatized by the past, I accept myself completely and deeply, including the part of me that is afraid. And I lovingly claim my power to create and manifest an abundant future.

                    CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO VERSION OF THIS POST.



      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and energy healing online courses that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..