Thursday, June 2, 2016

What Happens When You Live Without Expectations

    "I let go of all expectations. People, places and things are free to be themselves, and I am free to be me."           ~ Louise Hay, The Power is Within You

   A few years ago I went on an anniversary trip with my husband. As much as I enjoyed it, on the day of our departure I felt ready to go home. I missed my cats, my dogs and my son.

     We arrived at the airport with our packed bags, only to find out that our flight had been cancelled without notification. And our airline had no reciprocal agreement with other airlines, so we couldn't transfer our flight to another carrier. There was no way of getting around it... we simply were not going home that day.

     As we left the airport, I felt utterly frustrated. It took a while to realize the gift I had been given -- a completely unplanned day free of any expectations. A blank slate. We drove with no destination and no agenda.

     I don't shake off frustration as easily as my husband. I was still in a bit of a funk when he felt inexplicably drawn to take a particular exit off the interstate. And as we drove into the town, he noticed an entrance to a shrine. "Would you like to check it out?" he asked. "Sure," I said. Why not. I had nothing better to do.

     It turned out the shrine was a national pilgrimage site steeped in over 400 years of history. As I walked the waterfront grounds under live oak trees dripping with Spanish moss, I had a deeply moving experience. It was certainly the most profound day of the trip... of the year! The visions I received while meditating there are still unfolding to this day. And it never would have happened if the flight hadn't been cancelled.

Living Without Expectations

     While my unexpected day happened spontaneously, what would happen if you consciously chose to let go of expectations?  What if you surrendered the outcome of your day and allowed it to unfold in the moment? You would experience:
  • Less stress and disappointment
  • More peace
  • Enhanced well-being  
  • Unexpected insights and blessings!
   Spend a day, or an afternoon free of expectations and see how it unfolds. Pay attention to what you feel drawn to do, where you feel drawn to go, and who crosses your path. It could change your life!



      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and energy healing online courses that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..