Wednesday, February 24, 2016

How to meditate if you can't meditate!

      “Meditation is a way of being, not a technique.”  ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn from Coming to Our Senses


   It is well-documented that meditation is one of the best things you can do for your health. But if you are like me, the idea of sitting still for any length of time is unbearable.  Add in being silent and having your eyes closed and you've got torture! Given those issues, how the heck do you meditate?

Changing the Goal

     If you have difficulty meditating, it might be because you are focusing on it as a technique. And making your goal mastering that technique. So try changing your goal.

     Instead of the goal being meditate, think meditative state. Any time you are in a meditative state, you are experiencing the same benefits as sitting meditation. This is also called mindfulness, and some studies indicate mindfulness while moving, also referred to as walking meditation, is even more beneficial than sitting meditation!


Being in the Moment

     I achieve a meditative state every day when I work with clients in my energy healing practice, and when I exercise. When I do either of those activities, I become literally flooded with inspiration, insights and ideas. In fact, the idea and content for this blog post came to me while riding my bike. This happens because whether I'm working with a client or exercising, I'm in the moment.

     As I focus on the experience of that moment, my mind becomes emptied of thought. I shift from being mindless to being mindful.  Here's the difference: A mindless state is spinning thoughts that create anxiety. A mindful state is stream of consciousness that creates relaxation.

Facilitating a Mindful Meditative State

     Here are some activities that facilitate a mindful, meditative state:
  • Enjoyable exercise, especially out-of-doors.
  • Engaging in a creative hobby or form of art.
  • Chores or housework that facilitate a zen-like state. 
  • Eating a meal.
  • Drumming (click HERE to learn more)
     When engaged in these activities, focusing on your five senses will help you be in the moment.  What do you hear, see, taste, smell and feel?

     Another option if you have difficulty meditating is to use a recorded guided meditation. I have created one for you that is available here.

      For more energy healing solutions for sensitives and creatives, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning booksoracle cards and guided meditations that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health!


Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..