Wednesday, February 10, 2016

3 Tips on How to Let Go

    " Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance." 
~ Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go

     On a recent boat trip our boat broke down just short of our destination. We had to be towed back to the marina at a slow speed, which took over an hour. Now this may seem a big disappointment. But I embraced the experience as an opportunity to let go.

     As we were being towed, there was nothing to do but let go. I laid down on the boat cushions and slipped into a very deep state of relaxation. It felt like the sun was kissing my cheeks and the breezes caressing my hair. I opened my eyes several times, half expecting to see someone touching me. I felt enveloped in a benevolent, loving presence. Because when we let go, we make room for spirit to come in.
     By the time we reached the marina, I didn't want it to end!  I felt completely de-stressed.



     As children, letting go was exhilarating. We spun around until we became so dizzy we fell over. We took our hands off the handlebars while riding our bikes. We swung so high on the playground swings that our stomachs did flip-flops. But somewhere along the way, we began to believe that letting go was dangerous. We started to try and control situations in order to feel safe. But that control can get in the way of health and well-being.



     Letting go does not mean giving up our dreams, denying that you are afraid, or becoming out of control.  Letting go means surrendering the details and the need to control outcomes. 

     Here are 3 ways to let go:

     1. Recreate a childhood experience of letting go.  Go ride a bike or swing on the swings at the local playground!  
     2. Love the part of you that is afraid to lose control
     3. Do some "receive-release" breathing.  Deep breathe for 10 minutes with the silent mantra of "receive" on every inhale, and "release" on every exhale.  Breathe in I receive support.  And breathe out I release control.


     For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and programs that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..