Friday, February 19, 2016

How to Let Go of Worry

     "Even if it's well-intended, worry blankets the poor recipient's energy field in a negative vibe. Imagine a black Express Mail envelope marked 'Thinking of You' with much, mildew and a few skull bones." ~ Tosha Silver in Outrageous Openness

     We have an old beagle whose health had been deteriorating recently -- our dear Stanley. It got so bad he could hardly move and we were carrying him outside to do his business.  My mind went to worst-case scenarios of what had been suggested to us in the past - heart disease and disc disease. It broke my heart to see my super-active, mischievous little hound dog reduced to an invalid.  I worried about him constantly - day and night. It was making me sick and clouding my ability to see things clearly. And then I had a dream.

     In the dream, in order for Stanley to get better I had to surrender him.  In the dream I was very sad, but also felt a great sense of relief and peace that I didn't have to worry about him any more. When I awoke, I was initially horrified by the idea of surrendering my own beloved dog, but then I understood that dreams are metaphors.  What I needed to surrender was not Stanley, but the worry.

     The next day Stanley was seen by a new veterinarian who determined his issues were not nearly as bad as we had thought -- and easily treatable. Stan responded quickly to a new treatment protocol and soon was back to running around the yard. Who knows what the future holds for him, but worrying about it does him and me no good and is actually detrimental.  Because the body cannot tell the difference between an awful thing that is actually happening or if you are just thinking about the awful thing. You will experience debilitating stress regardless. I choose to live in the moment, as Stanley does. I choose peace.

     If you find yourself worrying, try one of these:

     1. If you are dwelling on past experiences and worrying about the future, bring yourself back to the present moment by focusing on your breathing and what you see, hear, smell, taste and feel in your current environment.

     2. Send love and acceptance to the part of you that is worried and afraid.

     3. If you are worried about a person, say a prayer:

     "If it is in the highest good of _____, I ask that their suffering be relieved and that any dysfunctional connection between myself and this person that causes me to take on their suffering be severed. Please fill us both with love, light and spiritual power."


 

      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books that contain everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.


Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..