Thursday, January 26, 2017

Why You Shouldn't Even Try to Figure Things Out

       "A brain-focused state creates an energy imbalance that compromises health. When we focus on our heart, our heart actually begins to manage the brain. When the heart is in charge, we are in our higher self and gain access to higher levels of health."  ~ Heidi DuPree, Awaken Your Greater Health

     "Keep your plans flexible. The Universe may have others ideas." ~ Diana Cooper, The Archangel Guide to Ascension

     I have been in the middle of a transition in my life since I "graduated" last year along with my youngest child. This end of parenting a minor has prompted a number of changes in my life. The way I work in the world has changed dramatically, from local to global. And I've created an online school of energy healing.

     I thought I had it all figured out. I mapped out this transition, planning every detail of what I expected to happen in the next year or two. I had already decided where I was going to live, when things were going to happen, and what it was going to look like.

     But here's the thing. When we try to find solutions or make plans by "figuring things out" we become brain-focused.  Sometimes solutions or insights do come through when we are thinking things through, but not if we're actively trying to figure it out!  Focusing on "thinking" and "figuring" keeps you in your mental self, separate from your emotional-spiritual self.  This limits the possibilities of how things can resolve and unfold.

     One moment I had it all figured out, and the next moment I realized I didn't know anything! All the plans I made were like a castle I had built in my mind. And now I could see that a castle built in the mind is not stable or sustainable. It was as if it was made of sand. A wave of energy from a total lunar eclipse had swept away my sand castle,  just as an ocean wave washes away everything on the beach with each tide.  Because I hadn't been heart-centered when I built it, and it wasn't in my highest good.


     I felt sad, realizing my plans had been swept away. I didn't make a conscious decision to let go of my plans. They were simply gone. When we ask for things in our life, we don't know how it will unfold. If we ask for happiness and simplicity, we may not realize what will be washed away in our life to create happiness and simplicity.  It may not be what we expected. And it may be painful.

     I had become attached to how I wanted things in my life to happen -- the where, the when and the how. So now that it was gone, I felt a sense of loss.  It was a death of expectations.

     It was time to get back to my heart.

Getting Back to the Heart

     It is far more effective to make decisions and live your life in a heart-centered state rather than a brain-centered state. This is because the heart is five thousand times more powerful than the brain and is a vital center of awareness, intuition and intelligence. When the heart is managing the brain, thinking and feeling states become more positive and we gain access to higher levels of health.

     When you realize you are in a brain-focused state, trying to figure things out, here's how to get to your heart.  I have created a technique for repositioning yourself to your heart called Energy Medicine First Aid.  You can receive a free text copy of this technique by subscribing at the bottom of any page of my website. Or you can download an audio meditation of this technique on Meditations to Awaken Your Greater Health   Here are some tips from Energy Medicine First Aid:
  • Place your hands on your heart center located at the center of the upper chest.
  • Breathe deeply as if you are breathing in and out of your heart center. 
  • Make an audible sighing sound for the duration of each exhalation. 
  • Say out loud some heart-centering affirmations, like: "No matter what, I am lovable, acceptable, and enough, just as I am." 
     I imagine myself now, sitting on the beach in a heart-centered state of surrender. The sand castles I built are gone with the tide that came in. And that's OK.  I will wait and see what the waves of energy wash up onto the shore to guide me. It could be anything, because the possibilities are endless!


Click HERE for the VIDEO version of this article.      

   


      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and energy healing online courses that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.



      Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon links embedded in this article for your purchases.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..