Monday, October 17, 2016

How to Reset Your Life

     "The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."  ~ Oprah Winfrey, What I Know For Sure

     In September 2016 I took a week off from work and designed a much needed "retreat" for myself, scheduling activities each day that would contribute to my growth.  These activities included communing with nature, meaningful social connections, activities from a self development online course I was taking, and meeting with both my healer and my coach by Skype. I playfully named my retreat "Heidipalooza" and embraced each day with zeal.

     It was no coincidence that I scheduled this retreat to coincide with a full moon lunar eclipse and the fall equinox predicted to bring in another wave of ascension-level energies. (For more about ascension, click HERE. ) I knew I would need some space in my life to process and integrate what was to come.  But I had no idea how profound the experience would be.  Because by the end of the week, I experienced a complete reset of the way I work in the world-- from in-person, to online...from local, to global. This is no small thing, considering I have been working pretty much the same way in the same room for over 20 years.

     I've written extensively about endings and beginnings in my award-winning books, and I've experienced them in my life.  But nothing prepared me for how dramatic this change would be.

What is a Reset?

     A reset is like an inner earthquake. It may seem that an earthquake is a single, isolated event. But an earthquake is the end result of many years of built-up tension along a fault line. The release of that tension produces the event. And once the dust settles from an earthquake, we can usually see that the ground has repositioned. It is the same for an inner earthquake. Immediately after a life reset, we may find our worldview repositioned. That shift will likely include changes in our mental and spiritual beliefs, a shift in our emotional state, and bodily changes - all for your highest good.

     In physics a reset like I experienced is known as a "quantum jump" - a sudden leap from one state to another without any discernible process in between. One day I worked the same way I always have, and the next day I no longer had any desire to work that way. A quantum leap is by its nature unpredictable and unexpected. But when it happens there are some things you can expect.

     After a reset you may experience the following:

  • Change in viewpoint. Overnight, you may see difficult situations in your life in a whole new light.  Solutions to problems that you couldn't solve can seem suddenly obvious. 
  • More in the present moment. You may become less preoccupied with the past and the future and find yourself more in the present moment. 
  • Less judgmental and critical of self and others. Behaviors of others that were previously intolerable to you may no longer bother you as you become disengaged from drama and more accepting of yourself and others. 
  • Health. You may experience a shift in your health with sudden positive changes in your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual states. Change is never isolated to one aspect of our life. We are mental, spiritual, physical and emotional beings and change affects every level. Along with my work reset, I also experienced a sudden positive shift in my eating habits -- and that's not a coincidence! 
  • Irreversible. When you experience a reset, it will feel like you can't go back to your previous state - even if you wanted to.  The change is "one-way." 
  • Push-back. Change creates discomfort in those you are connected to. This is understandable and requires a compassionate response, not guilt that you have changed!
Create Your Own Retreat  

     Although I was largely unaware of it, I was apparently ready for a reset of my work life. Because these inner shifts that product dramatic outer change do not happen unless we are ready - whether we are aware of that readiness or not. In the same vein, you can't control a reset or decide when it will occur. But what you can do is create space in your life for growth, engage in healing activities... and let go of the outcome. 

     You don't have to take a week off from work to create a retreat. The important thing is to seek out activities that contribute to your growth. These activities will help you move toward the changes you want in your life. 
  • Get help. See a professional who specializes in personal growth and healing, such as a healer or a life coach.
  • Detox. Drink more water and eliminate processed food from your diet.  Eat more raw food.  
  • Eliminate Clutter. Spend some time clearing clutter out of your home environment. 
  • Unplug. Try unplugging from social media and disengaging from any social interactions that are negative. 
  • Plug in.  Choose to interact with positive people who raise your spirits and your energy. Spend time in nature, especially with your shoes off to ground with the Earth. Deep breathe for ten minutes at a time. Meditate. 
Celebrate Life!  

     I started my Heidipalooza in the spirit of rejuvenation. The change it facilitated has not been easy for me or the people I am connected to. But life transitions do not have to be serious or heavy either. Change, no matter how uncomfortable, can be fun if we approach it as such. I choose to celebrate all the changes in my life, big and small! 
     
      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and energy healing online courses that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 
      
    .

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..