Monday, April 3, 2017

How to Follow Your Inner Wisdom

   "True wisdom gives the only possible answer at any given moment." ~ Liz Gilbert, Eat Pray Love

     In the memoir Eat Pray Love author Liz Gilbert finds herself crying on her bathroom floor in the middle of the night, praying for guidance on what to do about her failing marriage. In that moment, she hears an inner voice filled with "the warmth of affection". This voice says simply, "Go back to bed Liz."

      When we are faced with a difficult life situation that seems unsolvable,  the guidance that we receive can be these little bits of wisdom, what I call "the breadcrumbs." These breadcrumbs form a trail, and if we follow each one, over time it will lead us to resolution. Because we can't solve big issues in the middle of the night on the bathroom floor.

     Recently I was sitting in my backyard feeling overwhelmed by some big issues. I asked for guidance for my highest good.  Here is the prayer I use: "I call on my higher self, my spirit guides, my guardian angels, animal allies and ancestors to come forth and bring me guidance that serves the highest good."  At that moment, I had a vision of a pile of salt.

     It happened in a flash. A nanosecond. I could easily have missed it. But I've learned to pay attention to my thoughts and the images in my mind after asking for guidance.  But salt?  Was I supposed to eat more salt?  A whole pile? And then I realized ....epsom salts!  Yes, a bath with epsom salts! It's a powerful and effective way to clear energy and was just what I needed to gain some clarity.  That was my bread crumb of wisdom to follow. Because I wasn't going to solve my big life issue ruminating in my backyard as the sun was setting.

     I make "breadcrumb lists" in my journal of the insights, images and words I get when I ask for guidance.  As I check them off one by one, I get new ones.  And over the course of time, I can see how following these breadcrumbs of wisdom moves me in the direction of resolution.

     When you are knee-deep in a life crisis, resolution can't begin to happen until you are first centered and calm. This can come through taking a break and resting, having some fun...or taking an epsom salts bath!

                           CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO VERSION OF THIS POST




       For more energy healing solutions for sensitives and creatives, go to my website to opt-in for a monthly energy report to receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning booksoracle cards and guided meditations that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health!

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..