Wednesday, May 18, 2016

How to Dialogue With Your Body

       "Pain is the body's voice. Listen to your body."  ~ Pete Egoscue, Pain Free for Women

      I have had chronic pain on the inside of my right upper leg for almost eight years. This is a result of tearing a groin muscle twice, coupled with many smaller injuries. Once an area has been injured, it becomes prone to re-injury. The is true of any kind of injury -- mental, emotional, spiritual or physical. The muscles and tendons in my leg have become rigid and reactive. It is as if my muscles are expecting to get injured, and are bracing for it. And then injury does happen -- again, and again. When an emotional or spiritual injury has occurred, it will tend to become a repeating pattern as well.

     My leg is in "victim mentality," or wounded mentality - which are the same thing. People in victim mentality give off a "victim vibe" or a "wounded vibe" that unconsciously attracts more wounding. As does my leg. You can read more about that here

     How can muscle cells have wounded mentality? Because our intelligence is not confined to our brains. There is intelligence in every cell of your body.

     My physical therapist and massage therapist tell me to stretch, but when I do my body tissues become defensive and go into spasm. This is exactly what happens to people who have been traumatized. They become reactive when triggered. The solution? Dialogue with your injured parts.


Dialoguing With Your Body

     Dialoguing is a way to communicate with yourself for healing. To begin:
  • Find a place free of distractions.  
  • Get in a comfortable position. 
  • Close your eyes and take slow and deep breaths throughout the conversation. 
  • Connect with your compassion for your wounded parts.
  • Ask questions with the utmost of respect completely free of any judgment.
    My favorite places to do this are outside, or in the bath tub where my body can relax in the warm water. If I'm outside I burn some incense. If I'm in the bath, I add some epsom salts and lavender oil to the water.  The conversation can take place in your mind or out loud.

    If you had the ability to talk to a wounded part, how do you imagine that wounded part would answer the question: "How are you?"  Fill in the blank with the answer: "I am _____."  If you aren't sure of the answer, ask more questions: "Are you tense? Sad? Scared? Guarded? Hurting? Tired?"  Then imagine how this wounded part would answer the question: "Is there more?"

    Continue asking questions and stay in a place of total patience, as you would with a child or a best friend who needed assistance. If it's a body part, you can hold that part with your hands in a supportive way. Now ask "What do you need to heal?" And imagine how this injured part would answer.

    My injured leg wants to be heard and understood. The more I dialogue with it, the most it begins to trust and drop the guard, which means less spasm and less re-injury. It means the physical therapy is more effective. And it means that it is finally healing.



      
      For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books and energy healing online courses that can teach you everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.

     Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase.  Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. Please note that comments that contain links will not be approved..