It's no secret that I love to exercise! I've got to bike or swim every day or I don't feel like myself. When I go on vacation (like this week), my first priority is to find a public pool and a bike rental place to work out the kinks and the stress associated with traveling.
The health benefits of exercise like biking, swimming, working out in a gym or taking an organized fitness or exercise class are well-known and manifold. Research indicates exercise can be more effective in treating depression than medication, and can be an excellent treatment for insomnia, weight issues, and insulin resistance.
When we move and exercise, we aren't just moving our physical bodies. We are also creating movement in our subtle bodies, the energy structures of our body. This raises our vibrational level and balances our energetic and biological rhythms. Movements that emphasize the flower of energy rather than repetitive muscle movement are healing movements. Here are some examples:
- Eastern movement arts such as Yoga, T'ai Chi or Qigong emphasize being rather than doing - a premeditative state of mind that requires one to be in the moment. Practicing Eastern movement arts can enhance personal growth by heightening intuition, increasing awareness of energetic movement, building "inner" strength, and balancing energetic flow.
- Western movement arts such as Pilates or continuum are educational in nature, increasing body awareness and helping us break free from habitual and limited movement and thinking patterns.
- Dance Movement Therapy uses movement to further the emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration of the individual - as defined by the American Dance Therapy Association.
- Trust your intuition in how to move. More about trusting your instincts here.
- Let go of judgement of how you move, no matter what.
- Give yourself permission to move any way your body wants to, even if it feels initially awkward.
- Approach movement as play. More about that here.
- Try listening to some music with your eyes closed and follow how your body wants to move When I do this, I will get mental images of ways to move.
- Be willing to go out of your comfort zone.
- Let go of inhibitions and enjoy! More about that here.
For more energy healing solutions for sensitive and creative women, subscribe to this blog and go to my website to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE recording "3 Keys to Removing the Blocks to Getting What You Want in Life" and a power-packed Energy Medicine Resource Bundle with handouts for my most effective energy healing skills! While you are there, check out my award-winning books that contain everything you need to know to live a healing way of life and awaken your greater health.
Thank you for supporting this blog by using the amazon link embedded in this article for ANY purchase. Your support is greatly appreciated!